Sunday 31 March 2013



Three days after suffering severe head and lung injuries in a fight outside a Christchurch bar, New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder has been moved out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and has reassured his well-wishers about his well-being, saying, "I'm ok".

Ryder is in a stable condition in a general ward at the Christchurch hospital.
"I just want to let everyone know that I'm ok. I feel heaps better today but still really tired," Ryder stated in a press release by New Zealand Cricket.
"I've been reading your messages that have been sent so thank you to everyone for thinking of me over the last few days. I want to thank everyone who has been caring for me at the hospital - they have been awesome. Thank you to my family and friends who have been here also," he added.
Ryder's manager, Aaron Klee, said that the batsman may not be making any more statements in the near future as he would focus on his recovery.
"Now that Jesse is out of intensive care, we aren't planning on providing further updates in the media, as it is time for Jesse to focus on his recovery and getting back to full health," said Klee.
He also informed that Ryder had not yet been interviewed by police and had no recollection of the attack.
The 28-year-old all-rounder, who was brought to the hospital in a critical condition on Thursday, had come out of his induced coma yesterday and begun talking again and breathing without the assistance of ventilator.
The Police had yesterday arrested two men in connection with the assault, a 20-year-old Christchurch resident and his 37-year-old relative who was visiting the city.
They have been bailed to appear in the Christchurch District Court on April 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment